Wednesday, May 5, 2010

tomatoes growth update

It has been a considerable amount of time since last I posted. The photos taken were on May 5th, though I am posting them on the night of May 16th, I've back dated the post to better represent the timing of the images.

The plants had overgrown the greenhouse and so I put them outside one morning. Here they are:


There ended up being thunderstorms on that very day with some wind gusts that the plants were not terribly pleased about, as evidenced in the following two photos:




Fortunately, the plants did not break when they fell over, they merely bent. When I planted the plants, the point of the 'bend' in the main stalk of the plant ended up being about four inches below the surface as I buried the plants quite significantly when I put them in my raised bed. The following four photos show them in place:



No comments:

 
 
Copyright © Phil Plasma's Garden
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes